Sacred Heart High School (Yonkers, NY)
Sacred Heart High School, founded by the Capuchin-Franciscan Friars in 1923, has a proud tradition of providing co-educational Catholic secondary education. As the only Catholic high school in Yonkers, NY, the third largest city in New York State, Sacred Heart High School has a diverse student body that reflects the diversity and vitality of the community it serves. As it approaches its Centennial celebration and looks forward to another century of educating students in the Catholic tradition, Sacred Heart is seeking an academic leader with the experience and skill to collaboratively advance an academic vision of excellence and the energy and empathy to lead a group of talented and dedicated teachers, staff, and students.
The Principal articulates the vision and mission of Sacred Heart High School and fosters the traditions, philosophy, relationships, and practices that determine the school’s climate and culture. He/she leads a collaborative process to assess Sacred Heart’s academic vision and mission while providing dynamic leadership that fosters a positive and inclusive team-oriented community. In this role, the Principal acts as an ambassador to Sacred Heart’s key constituencies in support of school growth, development and community engagement and is expected to provide a well- rounded spiritual and ethical education, consistent with and embodying Catholic values and Catholic teachings.
Leading the school in a manner consistent with Catholic faith and practices, the Principal of Sacred Heart High School must be Catholic and able to accept and encourage diversity and inclusivity in the student body. In addition, the successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in an education related field preferred and a New York State administrative certification.
- Experienced educator with at least 8 years of teaching and/or senior administrative experience. A minimum of 3 years high school experience in a senior educational or administrative position preferred.
- Strong knowledge of instructional and curriculum design best practices and a passion for implementing best practices and seeking continual improvement.
- Experience in working with a widely diverse student population.
- A history of working collaboratively with staff, volunteers, parents, and Board of Directors.
- Willingness and aptitude in fundraising/friend-raising from a variety of donors, especially alumni.
- Facility and comfort level with the technology required for effective high school management, e.g., master scheduling, and modern student learning methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative mindset, with the ability to lead and motivate faculty and other team members.
- Commitment to developing well-rounded students with strong Catholic values and a commitment to service.
- Willingness to assist in non-academic aspects of school growth and development.
- Proficiency in Spanish language desired but not required.
Salary competitive and dependent on qualifications. References will be required.
This search is being conducted by Ruotolo Associates, Inc. Interested and qualified candidates can submit cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Please include “Sacred Heart High School” in the subject line.