Leadership Gift Officer
Archdiocese of Newark (Newark, NJ)
The Leadership Gift Officer is responsible for fulfilling the mission and vision of the Archdiocese of Newark by working to drive efforts to engage constituents. Reporting to the Executive Director of Development, he/she will work closely with Archdiocesan leadership, lay leadership, pastors, and parishes to facilitate progress by building relationships with prospective donors to increase annual, capital and deferred giving to meet annual fundraising goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage a portfolio of 150‒200 top-level individual donors and prospects through cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship best practices.
- Meet and exceed annual department goals with respect to any and all fundraising production metrics.
- Desire to build strong, positive working relationships to foster cooperation, trust, and commitment in support the Archdiocese.
- Develop strategies and materials to inform and engage current and prospective donors, and leadership prospects.
- Assist with the identification of major gift prospects for current and future Archdiocesan projects.
- Assist in developing and implementing donor acknowledgement and recognition programs.
- Responsible for maintaining and tracking all prospect information in the database (Raiser’s Edge).
- Bachelor’s Degree (required).
- Minimum of 3-5 years demonstrated successful fundraising experience, specifically with major/leadership gifts.
- Multi-lingual capabilities are a plus.
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and function as part of a team.
- High degree of credibility, integrity, and self-confidence is essential.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including some evening and weekend events.
Interested candidates can send cover letter with salary history and resume to: [email protected]
Please include “Leadership Gift Officer” in the subject line.