Director of Mission Advancement
Reports to: Father Chris Alar, Director
The Director of Mission Advancement works with Marian Fathers leadership to plan, structure and implement a comprehensive Mission Advancement program. These elements include major gifts, planned giving, grants, special events, print and electronic communications, and overall administration of the Mission Advancement Office.
- Manages daily operations for comprehensive Mission Advancement program.
- Prepares and manages the budget for the Mission Advancement Office, in collaboration with leadership.
- Works with leadership to identify the needs, which will include the establishment of goals and timetables.
- Prepares reports for leadership and the CFO.
- Plans and facilitates the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major gift donor prospects.
- Coordinates with Annual Fund Manager on donor messaging for Major Gift Prospects
- Coordinates research activities for foundations.
- Manages all grant writing including the development of budgets and the writing of proposals for specific projects and for general operations; coordinates all funder contacts, including post-grant accountability reports.
- Directs the gift stewardship process including the process for the recording of gifts in a database and their timely and accurate acknowledgement.
- Develops communications plan for various constituencies.
- Works with editor of printed materials and other forms of communications.
- Coordinates the planned giving program including identification, marketing and cultivation, development of gift acceptance policies, solicitation and recognition of donors.
- Identifies and helps recruit various volunteer members as well as provides any necessary training or mentoring.
- Oversees the planning of all special events with staff and volunteer committees from the budget, plans and strategies for the event, to staffing, acknowledgments, and financial reports.
- Meet regularly with leadership to report on department activities and to plan future projects.
- Serves as the spokesperson for Marian Fathers and their philanthropic efforts, articulating the priorities and needs.
Qualities and Qualifications:
Successful candidates will have strong experience in a senior fundraising position and have demonstrated leadership abilities and consensus building skills, fundraising management and strategic planning experience.
- Experience working in an organization with active volunteers as they relate to special events.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office programs, and generally computer literate in a network setting.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Able to manage multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Knowledge of strategies and techniques for use in major gift and planned gift prospects, including cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Demonstrated ability in grant work: research, proposal writing, cultivation and stewardship.
- Record of success in generating significant commitments from individuals and foundations.
- High degree of professionalism and an ability to interact with a variety of individuals to significantly increase the visibility of the Marian’s.
- Evening/weekend work occasionally required as well as travel to cultivate donors throughout the US.
- A practicing Catholic who supports the mission of the Marian Fathers
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- A minimum of five years demonstrated successful fundraising experience.
Interested candidates can send cover letter with salary history and resume to: [email protected]
Please include “Marians” in the subject line.